This weekend sees traditionalists and family campaigners from all over the world gather in Tbilisi, Georgia, for the Tenth World Congress of Families. With the tide flowing strongly in favour of the pro-family argument all over central and Eastern Europe, it is hoped that this very professional event will have a profound impact on family policy throughout Eastern Europe, the Caucasus, the Balkans and the former Soviet Union.
The Jubilee 10th World Congress of Families – which is the first WCF in an Orthodox country – is being blessed this morning by the Patriarch of All Georgia Ilia II. The opening session takes place at Tbilisi’s Philharmonic Concert Hall in the heart of the city, with a capacity of 2,200 in the main hall.
Main Theme: Civilization at a Crossroads: Civilization at the Crossroads: The Natural Family as The Bulwark of Freedom and Human Values
Among the timely topics to be discussed at World Congress of Families X are:
- The Family as the natural and fundamental group unit of society
- The obligation of society and the state to support and defend the natural family
- Marriage as the foundation of family life
- Marriage deconstruction in the name of equality
- The role of religion in supporting the family
- Parental rights to guide children’s education
- Declining fertility (Demographic Winter)
- Abortion, euthanasia, surrogacy and other life issues
- Gender theory and sexuality education and how they undermine the family and parental authority
- Anti-family indoctrination in education, media and the courts
- The Sexual Revolution and Cultural Marxism